We have responsibilities to you as student to provide you with a quality of service.
5 Star Training & Consulting is responsible for training and assessment that complies with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and has the responsibility for the issuance of AQF documentation.
5 Star Training & Consulting policy dictates a strict adherence to relevant state and federal legislation relating to safety, industrial relations, access and equity.
A full version of our Polices and Procedures can be found at www.5startraining.com.au
To ensure students maximise the benefits of training and understand their responsibilities and those of others there are various rules that apply.
In summary, a student enrolled must:
- Maintain a high standard of behaviour at all times whilst in a 5 Star Training & Consulting course
- Maintain a learning environment which is free from unnecessary distraction
- Observe all rules relating to safety
CONDITIONS OF ENROLMENT
Access to all study is subject to:
- Sufficient enrolments in the unit of study
- Prerequisites and other entry requirements being met
- Enrolment fees being finalised
- Learners will have completed Year 10 School Certificate or equivalent prior to enrolling
- Acceptance of participants rights and responsibilities
- If enrolling into a NSW Smart & Skilled funded course you must meet those requirements.
To be eligible for Smart and Skilled must be:
- 15 years old or over?
- No longer at school?
- Living or working in NSW?
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen?
PARTICIPANTS RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All participants in 5 Star Training & Consultings courses and programs have a right to:
- Be treated with respect and fairness regardless of their background or culture
- A safe learning environment free from danger, abuse or harassment
- Recognition of their particular needs and circumstances including: beliefs, ethnic background, cultural and religious practices
- Have access to their own records on request
When communicating with 5 Star Training & Consulting staff and other students, a student has the responsibility to:
- Treat people with respect and fairness
- Avoid behaviour that could offend, embarrass or threaten others
- Refrain from harassing or disrupting others
- Avoid unacceptable behaviours – including bullying, aggressive threatening or abusive behaviour
- Make only truthful statements in regard to student status.
- 5 Star Training & Consulting agrees to provide access to available enrolment positions for all persons who have the relevant skills, experience, and ability to satisfactorily meet enrolment requirements for behaviour, safety, course/qualification pre-requisites, payment of fees, and the observance of 5 Star Training & Consulting policy.
5 Star Training & Consulting is committed to providing a supportive training environment conducive of learning and expects participants to respect this principle by refraining from disrupting training and assessment sessions in anyway.
It is expected that participants attend all training sessions punctually.
Participants shall not take part in any activity, illegal or otherwise, that brings the organisation into disrepute whilst on 5 Star Training & Consulting premises or designated training and assessment areas.
5 Star Training & Consulting expects participants to behave in a professional and respectful manner at all times. This includes respecting the learning styles and varying abilities of other participants.
5 Star Training & Consulting has the authority to suspend or exclude students from class in the event of misconduct. Misconduct encompasses both academic and behavioural misconduct which includes but is not limited to:
- Falsifying information
- Breaches of commonwealth or state law
- Behaviour that impairs the reasonable freedom of others to pursue their studies
- Acts that endangers the health and safety of others
- Acting in a way that causes damage to 5 Star Training & Consulting’s property or reputation
COMPLAINTS AND APPEALS
5 Star Training & Consulting has process in place for participants enrolled in a course seeking to appeal against an academic decision or another grievance regarding procedural matters in relation to all aspects of operations of 5 Star Training & Consulting.
A complaint can be made using three avenues:
- Informal complaint
- Formal complaint
- External complaint
- With the exception of serious matters, many complaints can be handled through the informal process.
- This process should be used in the first instance.
Note that external bodies such as the NSW Ombudsman may require the complainant to lodge an internal complaint first before they will become involved. The complainant should contact the external body directly for advice on when they will take up a matter.
All issues, complaints and grievances are taken seriously by the staff and management of our business and will be investigated and acted upon as quickly as possible.
Complainants will be informed in writing about actions taken on their behalf and confidentiality will be maintained to ensure the rights of the complainant are upheld.
An appeal may only be lodged on the grounds of lack of procedural fairness in the investigating process.
Appeals are to be in writing to the Chief Executive Officer within 7 working days of the date of notification of outcome and must state the grounds for appeal.
All students will undergo an induction/orientation prior to course commencement. This process will include details on course delivery, how you will be assessed, policies, procedures, appeals, access and equity, RPL, WHS, etc.
All assessments conducted by 5 Star Training & Consulting are designed to be consistent the principles of assessment being valid, fair, reliable and flexible.
5 Star Training & Consulting shall ensure:
- The goals and criteria of assessment are clear
- the assessment methods to be used will be communicated to participants prior to commencement of training
- a variety of assessment measures and techniques are used
- participant self-assessment is encouraged in order to allow participants to take responsibility for their own learning
- assessment is inclusive of all learners and free from bias
- participants are informed of the Complaints and Appeals policy should they wish to appeal an assessment decision
- assessment results are recorded accurately and confidentially
Where possible students will be given opportunities to be reassessed in a given course or program.
When it is not possible to reassess during the course an assessment may be scheduled after the course.
One reassessment is provided without additional fee. Further reassessments may incur an additional fee.
A flexible assessment process will be undertaken to consider the needs of people with special needs or situations including:
- Cultural background
- LL&N difficulties
- Other reasons
The results and details of all assessments will be recorded and kept on file for the purpose of auditing.
Transcripts and course results will be issued on course completion. Progress reports will be issued each semester. If students need to access their results at any other time written request is required.
If a student does not agree with an assessment outcome they should first discuss the matter with the trainer/assessor concerned and if the complaint cannot be resolved at this point then the student can lodge an written appeal.
The appeal will follow the same process as a complaint and will be investigated by the CEO. Where the CEO is the trainer/assessor the appeal will be investigated by the Director.
Grounds for Appeal
An application for appeal will be considered where:
- A student claims a disadvantage because the trainer did not provide a subject outline
- A student claims disadvantage because the trainer varied without consultation or in an unreasonable way the assessment requirements as specified in the subject outline
- A student claims disadvantage because assessment requirements specified by the trainer were unreasonably or prejudicially applied to him or her
- A student is of the view that a clerical error has occurred in the documenting of the assessment outcome
- A student claims that there is a discrepancy between the practical observation and the formal assessment.
If the appeal for re-assessment is proven, 5 Star Training will appoint an alternative assessor who will make all necessary arrangements to conduct the reassessment of the student at a time that is mutually convenient for all parties concerned.
How to make a complaint or appeal
- Initial complaint or appeal should be discussed informally with the applicable staff involved.
If the complaint or appeal is not resolved informally, the student may choose to lodge a formal complaintor appeal.
- The complaint or appeal is recorded and the CEO will make contact within 10 working days to arrange a meeting
- A meeting will take place to negotiate between all parties in an attempt to find a resolution agreeable to all parties. All appealed assessments will be re assessed by an alternative trainer/assessor.
- Written documentation on the outcome and resolution is provided to all parties and actions are immediately implemented.
- If a student is not satisfied with the outcome they will be referred to an external body where the matter can be dealt with independently
Generally fees are payable at the time of enrolment. If you are having trouble with paying the fees please contact us and we may be able to work out a payment plan.
In programs funded by Government Authorities, client charges will be determined by the terms of the Government Contract.
The cost of a course is dependent upon delivery and assessment methods. Fee structures are outlined in the specific course information leaflet.
A full refund of enrolment fees will be made if a course is cancelled by 5 Star Training & Consulting for any reason.
An application for refund of course fees under any other circumstance must be made in writing to 5 Star Training & Consulting at least seven (7) days of the course start date. In this case a 20% processing fee will charged.
Where cancellation is made less than seven (7) days prior to the commencement of a course, no refund will be issued.
Refunds will be considered on a pro-rata basis for participants who fall ill or are injured to the extent they can no longer undertake the course, providing a supporting Medical Certificate is supplied to 5 Star Training & Consulting.
All requests for refunds will be acted upon within thirty (30) days.
In all cases, approvals for refund and credit requests are at the discretion of 5 Star Training & Consulting and shall be negotiated and assessed on a case by case basis. Refunds for extenuating or exceptional circumstances may be granted on consideration by 5 Star Training & Consulting
SUPPORT AND ASSISTANCE
If you require support for your training please contact us before enrolling so that we can discuss support options for your study.
A list of referral contact details is available to all students for a variety of services including; counselling, emergency accommodation, substance abuse, etc.
- Australian Tax Office 13 28 61
- Creditline 02 9951 5544
- Moneycare Counselling Service 02 9299 6744
- Welfare Rights Centre 02 9211 5300
- Ethnic Communities Council 02 9319 0288
- NSW Government Info Service 02 9743 7200
- Legal Aid Help Line 1800 806 913
- Women’s Legal Resource 02 9749 5533 Interpreting Services 13 14 50
Additional support services can be supplied on request.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
5 Star Training & Consulting – Pre Enrolment Information
If you have already demonstrated the skills and knowledge for part or all of the qualification you may apply for RPL.
Participants interested in applying for recognition shall be provided with RPL Application Form and Guidelines. The Guidelines provide details of the recognition process and examples of appropriate evidence.
If you would like to apply for RPL please contact us for more information.
ISSUANCE OF AQF DOCUMENTATION
Providing you have paid your enrolment fees and have provided us with your student identifier number (www.usi.gov.au) you will receive your AQF certification within 30 days of being assessed as competent.
PARTICIPANT FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES
5 Star Training & Consulting seeks and values feedback from course participants on their satisfaction with services they have received and seeks to improve its services in accordance with their expectations.
Feedback can be supplied directly to facilitators, other 5 Star Training & Consulting staff, or as written suggestions which may include the use of 5 Star Training and Consulting feedback forms.
5 Star Training & Consulting is committed to delivering fair, reasonable, and ethical dealings in all of its undertakings and collects, analyses and acts on relevant data for continuous improvement of training and assessment.
ACCESS AND EQUITY
5 Star Training & Consulting is committed to providing equal opportunity and promoting inclusive practices for all participants within the limit of the organisation’s resources.
5 Star Training & Consulting does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind, under any circumstance. All persons on site, including visitors, have the right to an environment free from discrimination and harassment.
5 Star Training & Consulting shall maintain participant confidentiality and will only disclose data related to student activity as required by the governing bodies and where required to do so by law.
For further information all our policies and procedures can be accessed at www.5stratraining.com.au
VET Data Use Statement
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012 and National VET Data Policy (which includes the National VET Provider Collection Data Requirements Policy), Registered Training Organisations are required to collect and submit data compliant with AVETMISS for the National VET Provider Collection for all Nationally Recognised Training. This data is held by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER), and may be used and disclosed for the following purposes:
- populate authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitate statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
- pre-populate RTO student enrolment forms;
- understand how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administer VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor or other authorised agencies. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the National VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
5 Star Training & Consulting Pty Ltd
PO Box 363 Blaxland NSW 2774
RTO ID: 91664