Come join us!
The Guide Surf, Snorkel and Stand Up Paddle Board Course is open and the enrolment fee is FREE!
This course is designed to give you the required skills and ability to lead
- Snorkeling sessions
- Surfing sessions
- SUP sessions
Block 1 (16 - 18 April): will be held at Lands Edge Foundation Chowder Bay Rd, Mosman NSW 2088 (9am start) (overnight accommodation provided)
Block 2 (21 - 28 June): will be held at surf beaches near Gerringong. (you will need to arrange your own transport and accommodation)
Dates: (Unless granted RPL, candidates must attend ALL sessions)
16 - 18 April - Snorkel and Stand Up Paddle Board - Lands Edge Facility Chowder Bay
21 - 28 June - Surf & SUP - Gerringong area
*If you cannot make it for the Block 1 dates (16 - 18 April) there is an opportunity for us to be able to run this portion of the course at a later date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if this applies to you.
Enrolment Fee: This course is part of the NSW Smart & Skilled Targeted Priorities program and is fee free!
Additional costs: You will be provided with all equipment required for Snorkeling, Surfing and Stand Up Paddle boarding.
You will be required to required to provide your own
- Water-related clothing
- Block 1 (16 - 18 April): Accommodation will be provided for the first block of training at Chowder Bay
- Block 2 (21 - 28 June): You will be required to arrange your own accommodation for Gerringong.
Recommended Prior Experience:
- You will need to have previous outdoor guiding qualifications before signing up for this course.
- You will need to be able to swim freestyle 100m
- To maximise the chance of gaining the competency units in this course, it is strongly recommended that prospective students the ability to swim 100m of freestyle.
The units included in this short course:
(SISOSNK002) Lead snorkelling activities
(SISOSUP004) Lead stand up paddle boarding activities on inland flatwater
(SISOSUP001) Paddle a stand up board on inland flatwater
(SISOSRF001) Surf small waves using basic manoeurves
(SISOSRF004) Lead surfing activities, small waves and basic manoeurves
(SISORSC007) Perform basic surf rescues
(SISOPLN005) Interpret weather and environmental conditions for outdoor recreation activities